Subject: Re: [oslc-core] Some clarifications on Resource Shapes

Thanks Martin, comments below...

Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member
OSLC and Linked Lifecycle Data
919-525-6575

From:        "Martin P Pain" <martinpain@uk.ibm.com>
To:        Jim Amsden/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Cc:        oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org
Date:        01/07/2016 07:04 PM
Sent by:        <oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org>

Looks like a good improvement, and is in line with my understanding of resource shapes. Just a few suggested tweaks:

1. Under "applicability", instead of "or the shape has no oslc:describesproperty in which case it applies to all associated resources" the following seems to be a little clearer or easier to read, although I can't quite put my finger on why: "or the shape has no oslc:describesproperty in which case it applies to all resources associated with that shape".
<jra>I like it, fixed.</jra>

2. Under "applicability" again, I would change "For all shapes that "apply to" or describes an associated resource" to (changes in bold) "For all shapes that "apply to" or describe a given resource". By definition, if the shape "applies to" the resource then the resource must be associated with it, so I don't think the word "associated" adds anything there
<jra>Agreed. But I think part of the confusion is that if you read the definition of applicability without knowing about association (which comes after it in the spec), then this important relationship between association and applicability is not clear. I would prefer to highlight and enforce the relationship, even though it is somewhat redundant.</jra>

3. Typo in section 6.2 change (association point 2): "associates a constraining shape with the entity request or response response resource of a service"
<jra>fixed.</jra>

4. And another in point 3: "the object value of a property of a some resource"
<jra>fixed.</jra>

Martin