Subject: oslc:range property values.

At the last Core TC meeting I was assigned the following actions:
  1. Weaken the description of range so that it is recommended types, not required types
  2. Create an inventory of core object properties that could have a type and propose one
  3. Send out an email with this information and get feedback whether this should be included in the spec or not.

Below are the results. Take a look at the proposed oslc:range values and see if these are 1) useful and 2) not over-constraining server implementations or domain usages.

We should schedule a vote on this, and if adopted I will add the oslc:range values to the property shapes.

1. oslc:range property description:

In the specification body: The object resource SHOULD be any of the specified oslc:range types, but no inferencing is intended if the actual target resource is or is not one of these types. This is very different semantics than rdfs:range which does have inferencing implications.

This may already be weak enough.

in the shape file:  "For object properties, an allowed object resource type."
Change to: "For object properties, specifies what the object resource type is expected to be, but that is not necessarily the case."

2. Proposed oslc:range values for object properties:

Common Properties:
Comment
Compact
CreationFactory
Dialog
Discussion
Error
ExtendedError
OAuthConfiguration
PrefixDefinition
Preview
Publisher
QueryCapability
ResourceShape
Service
ServiceProvider
ServiceProviderCatalog
Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member
OSLC and Linked Lifecycle Data
919-525-6575