Subject: This week's meeting

The OSLC steering committee requires that we request approval prior to submitting any documents for public review. There is one detail to be ironed out but once that is done I will send in the request so that we can be pre-approved prior to our official TC vote. Thus we may be able to vote to approve our documents as a Committee Draft at this Thursday's meeting. Committee Drafts require an absolute majority of voting members, which in our case means at least 5 votes are required. If you are a voting member and can't attend, you may request a leave of absence - you are allowed one per year - in order to not lose your voting status. Missing two meetings in a row results in a loss of voting status, and three voting members were unable to attend last meeting. Please contact me if you would like to request a leave of absence.

In the meantime, please review issue 61 which Jim just posted today; it summarizes our recent emails on the topic of conjunctive and disjunctive semantics. Jim's recommendation is to remove the verbiage to steer us away from specifying semantics in an area that OSLC is poorly equipped to address. Since the recommendation is to simply remove a sentence I believe it does not require a vote.

Regards,

Dr. Martin Sarabura

R&D Fellow, PTC