Subject: OSLC CORE TC Minutes April 14, 2016

We have voted to submit our documents for public review as a Committee Draft.

According to Chet since we had already responded to the TAB with our proposed resolutions to the issues there is nothing more for us to do.

Congratulations to all for reaching an important milestone en route to publication as an OASIS Standard!

Scribe

  • David Honey (IBM)

Attendees

  • David Honey (IBM)
  • Harish Krishnaswamy (Sofware AG)
  • Ian Green (IBM)
  • Jad El-khoury (KTH)
  • Jim Amsden (IBM)
  • Martin Sarabura (PTC)
  • Jean-Luc Johnson (Airbus)
  • Nick Crossley (IBM)

Regrets

Resolutions

  • Accept alternate proposal for issue 61
  • Accept current set of docs as 1st committee draft

Actions

  • Martin: Talk to Chet about advising TAB (Technical Advisory Board)

Chat transcript from room: oslc

[07:06] David Honey (IBM): David volunteered as scribe.

[07:06] David Honey (IBM): List of attendees: David Honey (IBM), Harish K (Software AG), Jad El-khoury (KTH), Jean-Luc Johnson (Airbus), Jim Amsden (IBM), Martin Sarabura (PTC), Nick Crossley (IBM), anonymous, ian green

[07:06] David Honey (IBM): Mar 31st minutes - accepted

[07:07] David Honey (IBM): Next meeting April 28th

[07:07] David Honey (IBM): Martin reviewed spreadsheet from advisory board, no issues found.

[07:08] David Honey (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-39

[07:08] David Honey (IBM): Now resolved

[07:09] David Honey (IBM): Issues to discuss...

[07:09] David Honey (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-61

[07:09] David Honey (IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-53

[07:10] David Honey (IBM): Issue 53 will remain open, but not blocking

[07:10] Martin Sarabura (PTC): 61 Alternative proposal: If more than one oslc:instanceShape or oslc:valueShape applies to a resource then that resource SHOULD satisfy all the constraints defined by all the shapes. If more than one oslc:resourceShape is specified for a service description, a service MAY require that the resource satisfy the constraints defined by at least one of the shapes.

[07:13] David Honey (IBM): A service might support creating resources of different shapes, so choose one of many shapes for validation.

[07:15] David Honey (IBM): Example: A work item might support different types such as enhancement, defect, task etc. Each work item type might have its own shape, and a service to create a work item might choose an appropriate resource shape from many.

[07:16] David Honey (IBM): Vote to accept alternate proposal for issue 51

[07:16] David Honey (IBM): issue 61 (not 51)

[07:16] ian green: +1

[07:16] Nick Crossley (IBM): +1

[07:16] David Honey (IBM): +1

[07:16] Jad El-khoury (KTH): +1

[07:16] Martin Sarabura (PTC): +1

[07:16] Jean-Luc Johnson (Airbus): +1

[07:16] Jim Amsden (IBM)1: +1

[07:17] Harish K (Software AG): +1

[07:17] David Honey (IBM): Accepted

[07:22] David Honey (IBM): Next step, prepare for publication

[07:25] David Honey (IBM): Few minor changes required. (For example acknowledgements section).

[07:35] Jim Amsden (IBM)7: I will update Appendix A. Acknowledgements in Resource Shapes to follow the same language as oslc-core.html, retaining the introductory paragraphs to reflect the unique history of Resource Shapes

[07:35] Jim Amsden (IBM)7: I will fix the broken links.

[07:36] David Honey (IBM): Proposal: Accept current set of docs as 1st committee draft

[07:36] Jim Amsden (IBM)7: +1

[07:36] David Honey (IBM): Nick seconded

[07:36] David Honey (IBM): +1

[07:36] Harish K (Software AG): +1

[07:36] ian green: +1

[07:36] Martin Sarabura (PTC): +1

[07:36] Jean-Luc Johnson (Airbus): +1

[07:36] Nick Crossley (IBM): +1

[07:37] Jad El-khoury (KTH): +1

[07:37] David Honey (IBM): Passed

[07:38] ian green: thanks to Martin and Jim

[07:46] David Honey (IBM): Martin: Talk to Chet about advising TAB (Technical Advisory Board)

[07:46] David Honey (IBM): Task to talk tyo Chet

[07:50] Jim Amsden (IBM)7: http://oslc.github.io/developing-oslc-applications/oslc-open-source-node-projects.html

[07:50] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Open source project, called OSLC4JS

[07:54] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Considering proposing OSLC 2.0 implementations as potential statements of use for OSLC 3.0.

[07:56] David Honey (IBM): Feeling was that this was useful. Jim will propose this to steering committee.

[07:57] David Honey (IBM): Meeting adjourned