OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

oslc-core message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: OSLC CORE TC Minutes May 26, 2016

Please note all TC members have a couple of action items on the list!


The next logical core document that we could consider publishing - as a separate document, not as part of the current document set - combines Tracked Resource Sets with Indexable Linked Data Provider. The domain documents and query are covered by the proposed new TC whose task would be to re-publish the corresponding open-services.net documents under the OASIS banner, essentially verbatim except for formatting changes. We will discuss whether we should publish a new TRS/ILDP document next meeting.



·         Martin to ask TC to review link guidance document

·         Martin to set up electronic vote to propose the current set of documents as Committee Specification Publication Review Draft

  • Jim to request list of external stakeholders from OSLC Steering Committee
  • Jim to put CSD and CSPRD into SVN
  • Martin to ask TC Administrator whether there is a specific form we need to fill out to request publication of the CSPRD
  • If vote successful,
    • Martin to notify TC Administrator

o    Martin to notify OSLC LinkedIn group

  • Martin to ask Core TC to be prepared to discuss acceptance of Tracked Resource Sets and Indexable Linked Data Provider documents as next work product for the TC to consider

Chat transcript from room: oslc

[07:04] Jim Amsden (IBM): Scribe: jim

[07:05] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2016.05.12

[07:05] Jim Amsden (IBM): minutes of previous meeting accepted

[07:05] Jim Amsden (IBM): Next meeting June 9

[07:05] Jim Amsden (IBM): Previous actions:

[07:06] Jim Amsden (IBM): Jim update link guidance doc.

[07:07] Jim Amsden (IBM): Nick worked on it and edited the document, put in a small example of blank node to replace what was there on repeated triples

[07:07] Jim Amsden (IBM): fixed another problem on link storage.

[07:08] Jim Amsden (IBM): Jim to review changes.

[07:08] Jim Amsden (IBM): Document is chatty in style, didn't read like a standard. It is a Committee note.

[07:09] Jim Amsden (IBM): needs another review

[07:09] Jim Amsden (IBM): Not sure of the organization. Anchor separate section as a way of describing links. Might need another look.

[07:10] Jim Amsden (IBM): Martin to send out recommendation to TC to review the document.

[07:11] Jim Amsden (IBM): Topics:

[07:11] Jim Amsden (IBM): CSD and CSPRD status: vote already done, but before final deliverable .zip file was produced - do we need to vote again?

[07:12] Jim Amsden (IBM): Martin: no, according to the process document - there were no substantive changes made during publish?

[07:14] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#publicReview

[07:17] Jim Amsden (IBM): vote April 14 was for CSD, not CSPRD

[07:17] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2016.04.14 accepted set of documents as first committee draft

[07:20] Jim Amsden (IBM): Action: Jim to contact Rainer for list of stakeholders to notify of CSPRD

[07:20] Jim Amsden (IBM): Action: Core TC to have full majority vote for CSPRD

[07:20] Jim Amsden (IBM): electronically

[07:21] Jim Amsden (IBM): Action: Martin to determine how to notify TC administrator of request for CSPRD and provide list of stakeholders to be notified

[07:21] Jim Amsden (IBM): Action: send notification of CSPRD to OSLC linkedin group

[07:25] Jim Amsden (IBM): Action: Jim to put CSD and CSPRD zip files into SVN

[07:27] Martin Sarabura (PTC): http://open-services.net/wiki/core/IndexableLinkedDataProvider-2.0/

[07:27] Jim Amsden (IBM): Discussion on Indexable Linked Data Provider specification

[07:27] Jim Amsden (IBM): started as a tutorial for data providers for how to provide a TRS to meet the spec and probable needs of consumer

[07:28] Jim Amsden (IBM): separate from TRS because it was like a Committee Note, best practices, not actual standard

[07:28] Jim Amsden (IBM): grew over time to incorporate additional capabilities for access control and patch

[07:29] Jim Amsden (IBM): It was easier to bundle new stuff in the ILDP spec rather than go through the open-services.net process to update TRS 2.x

[07:30] Jim Amsden (IBM): access control and patch are required because the TRS spec is incomplete without it.

[07:32] Jim Amsden (IBM): ILDP spec is referenced from CCM 1.0 - requires the CCM provider to provide TRS for version changes and must be compliant with TRS and ILDP.

[07:33] Jim Amsden (IBM): ILDP is implemented by almost every IBM producer of TRS. TRS isn't that useful without recommendations in ILDP.

[07:34] Jim Amsden (IBM): patch part is optional

[07:35] Jim Amsden (IBM): access control is a means for providers to publish access control information.

[07:35] Jim Amsden (IBM): consumer doesn't necessarily need to do anything with it, could be simply ignored.

[07:36] Jim Amsden (IBM): publishing data through TRS gives up access to the authenticated consumer which is now handling access control to the copied resources

[07:36] Jim Amsden (IBM): access control is therefore purely advisory

[07:38] Jim Amsden (IBM): Proposal: the Core TC takes on new work to create a specification for TRS capability that is informed by the current TRS 2.0 and ILDP Draft

[07:51] Jim Amsden (IBM): there are specifications such as CCM 1.0 that are indirectly using namespaces such as acc: which are not defined in any OSLC or open-services.net namespaces

[07:52] Jim Amsden (IBM): other capabilities could be considered: query, actions, automation


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]