Subject: OSLC CORE TC Minutes June 9, 2016

Action item for everyone: Please send me emails for any external stakeholders that we should notify when we publish our first Committee Specification Public Review Draft. Deadline is EOD today.

Note on attendance and voter eligibility: If it looks like you will not be able to attend two meetings in a row please contact me; everyone is entitled to one leave of absence per year. It does get more difficult during the summer months and I note in particular that our first July meeting is during the week of July 4 which I hear is a pretty big deal in the USA. We may wish to cancel that meeting especially if we have not received any substantive feedback during the public review.

·  Next meeting June 23, 2016

Scribe

  • David Honey (IBM)

Attendees

  • David Honey (IBM)
  • Harish Krishnaswamy (Sofware AG)
  • Jad El-khoury (KTH)
  • Jim Amsden (IBM)
  • Martin Sarabura (PTC)
  • Jean-Luc Johnson (Airbus)
  • Nick Crossley (IBM)

Regrets

Resolutions

  • Work on TRS and Indexable Linked Data Provider combined into a single document + guidance document for next round of documents.
  • Migrate OSLC Query as a maintenance task (no substantive editing) to OSLC v3.

Actions

  • TC members to email lists of emails of external OSLC stakeholders to Martin preferably by end of day today
  • Martin to formally request publication of the Committee Specification Public Review Draft

Chat transcript from room: oslc

[07:05] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2016.05.26

[07:05] David Honey (IBM): David volunteered as scribe

[07:05] Harish (Software AG): joining the audio call shortly

[07:06] Harish (Software AG): sorry for the delay.

[07:06] David Honey (IBM): Next meeting June 23rd.

[07:10] Jim Amsden (IBM): community@open-services.net

[07:13] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Wesley Coelho's list also (OSLC Steering Committee)

[07:13] Jad El-khoury (KTH): lyo-dev@eclipse.org

[07:18] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/oslc-core/trunk/supporting-docs/link-guidance.html

[07:20] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Still needs to another review. Should contact Ian Green and invite further comments.

[07:22] David Honey (IBM): Anti-pattern: Duplication of triples into other resources. Client should take account of which graph (provenance) to use when there are multiple graphs describing the same property of a resource.

[07:26] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Link guidance should probably be a living document.

[07:46] David Honey (IBM): TRS and Indexable Link providers.

[07:46] David Honey (IBM): General agreement that the two documents need to be somewhat merged.

[07:47] David Honey (IBM): The Indexable Link Provider document contains some info that should be in the TRS doc.

[07:47] David Honey (IBM): General agreement that these should be part of OSLC core

[07:48] David Honey (IBM): Nick; We should also discuss other requirements not currently addressed by the spec.

[07:48] David Honey (IBM): For example: Should event resource ionclude rdf types for selective indexing?

[07:49] David Honey (IBM): Example 2: If there are 2 trs:Creation events for the same resource, is that an error? Should the event include an etag?

[07:50] David Honey (IBM): Are there are enough TRS implementations to use as discussion.

[07:50] David Honey (IBM): Yes, in IBM, many used in Jazz Foundation and CLM applications.

[07:51] David Honey (IBM): David: Current TRS approach is solely pull-based. We've had some requirements for a push-based notification, perhaps using MQTT.

[07:51] David Honey (IBM): TRS 3.0 should aim for compatibility with TRS 2.0 consumer.

[07:53] David Honey (IBM): Proposal: TRS and ILDP combined into a single document + guidance document.

[07:53] Jim Amsden (IBM): +1

[07:53] Nick Crossley (IBM): +1

[07:53] Jad El-khoury (KTH): +1

[07:53] Jean-Luc Johnson (Airbus): +1

[07:53] Martin Sarabura (PTC): +1

[07:53] David Honey (IBM): Proposed by Jim, seconded by Martin.

[07:53] David Honey (IBM): +1

[07:54] David Honey (IBM): Migrate Query 2.0 to OSLC core 3.0?

[07:54] Harish (Software AG): +1

[07:54] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Accepted

[07:58] Nick Crossley (IBM): Have to drop for another call. My vote on a proposal to adopt OSLC 2.0 query would be +0

[08:00] David Honey (IBM): Jim: Make small editorial changes to move query to OASIS to make it easier to consume.

[08:00] David Honey (IBM): Jim proposal: OSLC Core undertake work to migrate to OASIS core spec.

[08:01] David Honey (IBM): +1

[08:01] Martin Sarabura (PTC): Martin second

[08:01] Jim Amsden (IBM): +1

[08:01] Martin Sarabura (PTC): +1

[08:01] Jad El-khoury (KTH): +1

[08:01] Harish (Software AG): +1

[08:01] Jean-Luc Johnson (Airbus): +1

[08:01] Martin Sarabura (PTC): accepted

[08:02] David Honey (IBM): Agreed to keep meetings at 1 hour duration.

[08:02] David Honey (IBM): Meeting adjourned.