Subject: OSLC CORE TC Minutes March 2, 2017

Scribe

  • Ian Green (IBM)

Attendees

  • David Honey (Persistent/IBM)
  • Harish Krishnaswamy (Software AG)
  • Ian Green (IBM)
  • Jad El-khoury (KTH)
  • Jean-Luc Johnson (Airbus)
  • Jim Amsden (IBM)
  • Martin Sarabura (PTC)
  • Nick Crossley (IBM)

Regrets

Resolutions

Actions

  • Martin to send out notice to TC prior to next meeting re daylight savings time switch
  • Nick to review where "rebase" would surface in the spec
  • Ian to continue the consistency improvements on the draft

Chat transcript from room: oslc

[07:06] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2017.02.16
[07:07] ian green: minutes from previous meeting accepted
[07:07] ian green: next meeting march 16.
[07:08] ian green: actions from previous call. Nick hopes to deal with respec changes within 2 weeks. Jim does not think this is a problem
[07:11] ian green: Jim: quite a few changes needed to terminology.
[07:11] ian green: Martin: current status on core spec?
[07:12] ian green: Jim call for 15 review has been issued; comments might arrive anytime
[07:12] ian green: Then we can commit to specification
[07:13] ian green: Martin - caution about US daylight savings will affect all those in other tzs.
[07:14] ian green: Martin: action to notify to this effect
[07:14] ian green: Jim: Discuss each item in the TRS terminology section
[07:15] ian green: http://open-services.net/wiki/core/TrackedResourceSet-2.0/#Terminology
[07:18] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/oslc-core/trunk/specs/tracked-resource-set.html#terminology
[07:18] ian green: new terminology: "Tracked Resource" being used in the draft
[07:28] ian green: Jim Gammon: is "state" appropriate?
[07:28] ian green: JimG: suggests "modification" instead
[07:29] ian green: rather than "state change"
[07:30] ian green: Nick: "state change" is used elsewhere; need to be consistent
[07:32] ian green: DavidH: current defn does not mention that TRS needs to be a resource
[07:32] ian green: Nick: "TRS resource" defines the members of the TRS
[07:33] Jim Amsden (IBM): Tracked Resource Set: Describes a resource that defines a set of Tracked Resources expressed as a Base and a Change Log
[07:35] ian green: Martin: should we use "IRI" rather than URI?
[07:36] ian green: Nick: We use URI elsewhere - too late in Core 3.0 for wholesale shift to IRI
[07:36] Jim Amsden (IBM): Tracked Resource Set (TRS) Describes a resource that defines a set of Tracked Resources expressed as a Base and a Change Log Tracked Resource A resource identified by URI that is a member of one or more Tracked Resource Sets. Base The portion of a Tracked Resource Set representation that lists the Tracked Resources Change Log The portion of a Tracked Resource Set representation detailing a series of Change Events on tracked resources Change Event Describes the addition, removal, or state change of a Tracked Resource in a Tracked Resource Set Access Context A grouping of resources with similar security requirements. Access Context List A resource describing a list of Access Contexts. TRS Patch An extended Change Event in a Tracked Resource Set detailing a change to the resources RDF representation. TRS Consumer A Client application that uses TRS resources to discover a set of resources and track changes to them. TRS Provider A Server that provides Tracked Resource Sets.
[07:36] ian green: Nick: we ought to consider IRI in a future version of the specifications
[07:40] ian green: Ian: why "consumer" and "provider" rather than "client" and "server".
[07:41] ian green: Jim: for TRS, these words seem more useful concepts than client/server.
[07:43] Jim Amsden (IBM): TRS Client An application that consumes TRS resources to discover a set of resources and track changes to them. TRS Server An application that provides Tracked Resource Sets.
[07:43] ian green: Nick: we did make decision to use client/server, so for consistency stick with that
[07:46] ian green: Jim: index resource -> tracked resource
[07:46] ian green: Jim: indexable linked data source -> Jim doesn't see need for this term
[07:47] ian green: Jim: nor a "tracked resource data source"
[07:49] ian green: Jim: all resources are "linked data"; "TRS" captures all we need
[07:50] ian green: Jad: "Base" is unclear. Can we clarify
[07:52] ian green: Nick: explains subtleties of relation between base and changelog
[07:56] Jim Amsden (IBM): Base The portion of a Tracked Resource Set representation that lists the Tracked Resources. Change Events in the Change Log are relative to the Base
[07:57] Jim Amsden (IBM): Base The portion of a Tracked Resource Set representation that lists the Tracked Resources at some point in time. Change Events in the Change Log are relative to the Base
[07:57] ian green: Jad: "at some specific point in time"
[07:58] ian green: Martin: should we include "rebase" in this document?
[08:00] ian green: Nick: take an action to review where "rebase" would surface in the spec - but it is an important concept that does need to be covered. Nick will take this action.
[08:01] ian green: Jim: will not have time over the next few weeks. Looking for additional help
[08:02] ian green: Ian: will take action to continue the consistency improvements on the draft.
[08:02] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-85
[08:03] ian green: David: we ought to cover discovery of TRS resources
[08:03] ian green: Closing call

PTC Logo

Dr. Martin Sarabura
Technical Fellow, Office of the CTO