Subject: Fwd: [lyo-dev] [oslc-core] Checking compliance of a resource with multiple resource shapes

Forwarding it here as somebody might be able to provide better feedback.

–Andrew.

(sent from my phone)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Leonid Mokrushin" <leonid.mokrushin@ericsson.com>
Date: Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 5:02 PM +0200
To: "Lyo project developer discussions" <lyo-dev@eclipse.org>

Hello,

I just had a discussion with Andrew regarding how to correctly interpret a following situation:

* An OSLC resource is allowed to have multiple oslc:instanceShape properties (see https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/oslc-core/trunk/specs/resource-shape.html#instanceShape).
* Imagine there are two resource shapes associated with a resource (using oslc:instanceShape) that describe the same property (let's say dcterms:title).

1) If these two descriptions are identical, I don't see any problem.

2) But, what if these two descriptions contradict each other? Let's say one declares that cardinality of dcterms:title should be oslc:Zero-or-one and another - oslc:One-or-many.

Shall an implementation consider 1) to be an OK and 2) to be an error, or both to be an error, or some other interpretation should be applied?

/Leo