OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

oslc-core message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: OSLC CORE TC Minutes August 31, 2017

Hello everyone, minutes attached. Please note that the next Core TC meeting is tomorrow, Sep 7 and the usual time but lasting only a half hour, to be followed immediately by the Domains TC meeting. The Core TC meeting is on a different call than the Domains TC meeting – if you are attending both then you will have to hang up and dial in to the Domains meeting. I am setting up the meetings now and you should receive an invite soon. I will also delete all the future Core TC meetings (currently scheduled out to the end of 2017) so that they can be recreated as half hour meetings instead of full hours. If you get any notifications about meeting cancelled it will be because I forget to uncheck the notification flag - please ignore.


Regards, Martin




  • Jim Amsden (IBM)


  • Harish Krishnaswamy (Software AG)
  • Jad El-khoury (KTH)
  • Jim Amsden (IBM)
  • Martin Sarabura (PTC)
  • Nick Crossley (IBM)
  • Ian Green (IBM)
  • Andrii Berezovskyi (KTH)




  • Nick to complete his initial edits on the TRS specification in preparation for TC review
  • Jim to complete initial migration of OSLC query specification in preparation for initial TC review
  • Jim to move selected properties from query specification into core
  • Jim to complete migration of query into a separate core document, not part of the multi-part specification

Chat transcript from room: oslc

[07:06] Jim Amsden: Jim Scribe
[07:07] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2017.08.03
[07:07] Jim Amsden: Minutes approved
[07:08] Jim Amsden: Next meeting Sep 7, 1/2 hr followed by Domains TC meeting for 1/2 hr - all encouraged to join both TCs and participate in both meetings.
[07:09] Jim Amsden: OSLC Core TC will focus on Core 3.x, TRS and Config Management
[07:09] Jim Amsden: Previous Actions:
[07:09] Jim Amsden: Nick complete edits on TRS for TC review - in progress, but not completed
[07:10] Jim Amsden: About to create the new doc structure in SCM
[07:10] Jim Amsden: Project TRS updates done before Dec 7 meeting.
[07:10] Jim Amsden: It will need an end-to-end TC review. Nick will send an email to the list when it is ready to review.
[07:12] Jim Amsden: Action: Jim to complete OSLC query spec migration
[07:12] Jim Amsden: Started, but not completed.
[07:13] Martin Sarabura (PTC): 3 new pieces TRS, Config, query
[07:16] Jim Amsden: Recommend publishing Query, TRS and Config Management as separate documents to avoid having to rev the core multi-part specifications which requires a lot of extra work
[07:16] Jim Amsden: Selected properties should probably be decoupled from Query and puts into the existing Core multi-part specification.
[07:17] Jim Amsden: query is a more expensive spec to implement and may be better to keep independent.
[07:18] Jim Amsden: Action: move selected properties into Core multi-part specification
[07:18] Jim Amsden: Action: complete migration of Query into a separate Core document - not part of the multi-part specification.
[07:21] Jim Amsden: Multi-part specifications are more appropriate for factoring a large document into more independently editable parts, but all parts are considered part of a whole
[07:21] Jim Amsden: Query, TRS and Config Management can be independenly published Core documents
[07:22] Jim Amsden: Multi-part specifications may also have independently implementable parts.
[07:27] Jim Amsden: Nick is removing the TRS client sections as a committee note, since only the provider/server should be normative.
[07:30] Jim Amsden: Next Core meeting should review key deliverables, establish a schedule, ensure sufficient issues have been created to track the work, and have appropriate assignments
[07:31] Jim Amsden: Three key deliverables:
[07:31] Jim Amsden: 1. Selected Properties and OSLC Query updates and documents
[07:31] Jim Amsden: 2. TRS specification
[07:31] Jim Amsden: 3. Config Management Specification
[07:32] Jim Amsden: Subcommittees can be used to do more focused work on these areas, and presenting the results for approval and adoption by the core TC





PTC Logo

Dr. Martin Sarabura
Technical Fellow, Office of Research & Architecture

+1 519.502.4819



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]