Subject: Review of query spec draft

Here's my comments. Others are included in the issues.

Abstract, Introduction, Terminology, Motivation, Basic Concepts sections are missing or incomplete.

Some of the Informative references should be normative: [[!ref]]

Graph Patterns is probably what should be in Basic Concepts, and Graph Patterns a term.

Section Query Parameters should be called Query Capability

Regarding the difference between oslc.properties query and oslc.selct query clauses: olsc.properties applies to resources, oslc.select applies to members returned by a query.
The syntax is the same, but the usage is different.

Section 7.1: is OSLC Simple Query Semantics V1still relevant? If so, should it be in the bibliography?

Using the oslc. prefix for query parameters is confusing and error prone given that many of the prefixes use oslc: for namespace names. But it is what it is. Spec should include a caution about this.

7.2 should refer to the URL and the example as a queryBase URL. If we want to apply this to any LDPC in OSLC 3.0, then this should also be stated.

Example 2 uses dcterms: prefix without defining it. Either it should be defined, or we should list a specific set of pre-defined, built-in prefixes all servers SHOULD provide.

Under example 2, what does this mean: "Note that the preceding query there is only one membership property, namely cm:memberBug."? What is the prefix for cm:? Why not have the example use the CM domain, not a made up domain?

All the examples should show the results, not just the query.

cm:severitycode> is missing </ before code> (2 places)

Example 8 should have the where clause followed by the orderBy  clause.

Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member
OSLC and Linked Lifecycle Data
919-525-6575