Subject: Updates to OSLC Core 3.0

I have made the following updates to OSLC Core 3.0. These changes should be reviewed and we should submit a CS02 for public review. If we think there are additional changes that might occur as we develop the TRS and Query specifications, then we may wish to dlay CS02 public review.

Changes to Core 3.0 specs for CS02: (Thu Feb  8 16:21:39 EST 2018)

[x] Add a new section, 4.7.3 Predefined Prefixes:

OSLC Core specifies a number of predefined PrefixDefinitions for convenience. OSLC Domain specifications may specify additional pre-defined PrefixDefinitions for their purposes.

4.7.1 Servers MAY support pre-defined PrefixDefinitions and SHOULD support the following pre-defined PrefixDefinitions:
* dcterms: <http://purl.org/dc/terms/>
* foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/>
* owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#>
* rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>
* xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>
* rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>
* oslc: <http://open-services.net/ns/core#>
* ldp: <http://www.w3.org/ns/ldp#>
* oslc_acc: <http://open-services.net/ns/core/acc#>
* trs: <http://open-services.net/ns/core/trs#>

[x] https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-154ResponseInfo is missing. Address this issue when updating the 3.0 paging statement.

oslc-core.html has a section 4.11 Resource Paging that says servers SHOULD support LDP paging and MAY support the Resource Paging Capability as defined in OSLC Core 2.0 (for compatibility). So the response info shape wasn’t included anywhere in OSLC Core 3.0. Since the shapes were’t formally defined on Core 2.0, we’re missing the shape for ResponseInfo in Core 3.0 regardless of where the paging capability is defined.

[x] OSLCCORE-107, add BNF for oslc.prefix to core selective properties, its already there.

[x] OSLC core 3.0 RDF serialization format is incorrect , and the section should be normative
4.4.1 OSLC Services MUST support some RDF resource serialization format, and SHOULD support as many serialization formats as possible through content negotiation.

4.4.2 OSLC Services SHOULD provide and accept RDF documents in Turtle format (identified by the MIME-type 'text/turtle') and in JSON-LD format (identified by the MIME-type 'application/ld+json') representations for each OSLC resource for compatibility with LDP 1.0.

4.4.3 OSLC Services SHOULD provide and accept RDF/XML representations for each OSLC resource for  compatibility with OSLC 2.0

[x] Change acc to oslc_acc in predefined prefixes, and in all the vocab and shape files.

[x] https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-145needs update to core vocab and shapes for new boolean queryable property

[x] Update language on section 4.9 Query and make it normative, with a normative bibliographic reference to the separate OSLC Core Query specification

[x] Also add capability introductory sections for TRS and Config management, following same pattern as Query

[x] OSLCCORE-166: using a private URN scheme in examples. urn-<n> are private, urn-3 is Harvard University. uuid is what we should use in our examples. All in /Users/jamsden/Documents/workspace/oslc-cournre/specs/trs/tracked-resource-set.html. change urn:urn-3 to urn:example:6e8bc430
https://www.iana.org/assignments/urn-namespaces/urn-namespaces.xhtml, see section 3.4 of https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6963for an example urn

[x] Vocabulary terms must use rdfs:comment, not dcterms:description, ok on the ontology, but the individual terms should use rdfs:comment - Core and Domain documents - all were already OK.

[x] Align Core Introduction sections with CM spec, including IPR policy. Only IPR policy had to be added, the rest was OK.

Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member
OSLC and Linked Lifecycle Data
919-525-6575