Subject: Status of OSLC Core CSPRD03

The Core TC decided on the June 21 meeting  to add a Conformance section to the core overview specification (the first part of the multi-part specification), that summarizes the key conformance clauses, similar to what was done for the AMQP standard. That section has been added and checked in. The TC should review it.

In addition, Nick is working on ReSpec extensions to support automatic generation of a conformance summary table based on paragraphs marked as <section class="compliance"> in the document, similar to how the properties tables are generated from the constraints RDF source files.

At the June 28 TC meeting, Nick indicated he believes he can complete the ReSpec enhancement to generate the tables by the end of the week. So we will wait until this is complete and then include the tables in a non-normative appendix in each multi-part specification, similar to what MQTT did.

If for any reason the ReSpec enhancements are delayed or don’t work as expected, then we propose to re-publish the core specifications with the updated Conformance section in the overview document, following the pattern established by the AMQP spec. We will probably make that decision next meeting.

Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member
OSLC and Linked Lifecycle Data
919-525-6575