Subject: OSLC CORE TC Minutes Aug 2, 2018

Scribe

  • Nick Crossley (IBM)

Attendees

  • Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH)
  • Jim Amsden (IBM)
  • Martin Sarabura (PTC)
  • Nick Crossley (IBM)
  • David Honey (IBM) (LOA)

Resolutions

Actions

Chat transcript from room: oslc

[14:02] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Query spec: https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-core/trunk/specs/oslc-query.html
[14:05] Jim Amsden: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2018.06.28
[14:07] Nick Crossley (IBM): Nick to scribe
[14:08] Nick Crossley (IBM): Continuing to review Query spec
[14:08] Nick Crossley (IBM): David will take detailed notes on individual changes suggested; the minutes here capture higher-level discussion or decisions.
[14:08] Nick Crossley (IBM): Start at section 10.6 - oslc.properties
[14:09] Nick Crossley (IBM): Discussing the overlap/difference between oslc.select and oslc.properties.
[14:11] Nick Crossley (IBM): David noted that current query implementations differ in which properties are returned by default in the query result (if the client does not provide oslc.properties).
[14:14] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-core/trunk/specs/oslc-core.html#selectiveProperties
[14:23] Nick Crossley (IBM): The scope of each of oslc.properties and oslc.select seem a bit vague.
[14:23] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim expects oslc.properties applies to the whole http resource returned by an operation.
[14:24] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): David's interpretation is that oslc.properties applies to RDF resources that use the subject URI that is the HTTP request URI.
[14:33] Nick Crossley (IBM): For me the confusion starts here: http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OSLCCoreSpecQuery#Graph_Patterns
[14:41] Nick Crossley (IBM): David will write a note describing this confusion for us to discuss, and will also email the original author for further clarification.
[14:46] Nick Crossley (IBM): David will first try some experiments with existing implementations.
[14:51] Nick Crossley (IBM): We also discussed the fact that query results, like any OSLC resource retrieval, MAY return properties beyond those explicitly requested in oslc.properties or oslc.select.
[15:00] Nick Crossley (IBM): Jim suggests we also look back at the original author's mapping of OSLC query syntax and semantics to SPARQL.
[15:00] Nick Crossley (IBM): Short discussion of what's left - David thinks we can finish at the next meeting.
[15:01] Nick Crossley (IBM): David is off on vacation for the two meetings after the next one, so we do need to complete this review in that next meeting!
[15:01] Nick Crossley (IBM): So the group will switch back to TRS reviews during that 2 week interval.

PTC Logo

Dr. Martin Sarabura
Technical Fellow, Office of Research & Architecture
+1 (519) 502-4819
msarabura@ptc.com

ptc.comâ