Subject: Re: [oslc-core] What does GET on a creatioFactory URI mean?

An oslc:CreationFactory defines the resource type, resource shape, and the oslc:creation URI to POST to. But given a creation URI, by itself, one cannot determine the properties of the creation factory such as resource type or shape. So there is an argument that a GET on the oslc:creation URI might be useful if a client doesn't remember each oslc:CreationFactory that references it. Since noone seems to have presented a use case where it helps, I suggest we leave things are they are.

A GET on the queryBase URI references in a oslc:QueryCapability is well-defined in the new draft OSLC Query 3.0 spec.

David.

From:        "Jim Amsden" <jamsden@us.ibm.com>
To:        oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org
Date:        27/08/2018 15:01
Sent by:        <oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org>

The Core 3.0 discovery document only specifies the meaning of POST. Should we also define what it means to do a GET on this resource? We'd know what it means if the creation factory was also an LDPC, but we can't always assume that's the case.

Similar comments apply to the queryBase URI.

Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member

OSLC and Linked Lifecycle Data

919-525-6575

Unless stated otherwise above: