Subject: Re: [oslc-core] OSCL CORE TC Minutes Oct 4, 2018

I seem to recall we talked about /.well-known before, and concluded that it was just replacing one URI that someone would have to know or document (the service discovery catalog) with another (something/.well-known). And the 'something' part does not seem self-evident (at least not to me) when you have multiple web applications running on a single server, and those applications have no control over the contents of URIs above or parallel to their own context root.

We also thought at the time that there had been little adoption of /.well-known - has this changed to make its use more attractive?

Nick.

From:        "Sarabura, Martin" <msarabura@ptc.com>
To:        "OSLC Core TC (oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org)" <oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date:        10/04/2018 09:53 AM
Subject:        [oslc-core] OSCL CORE TC Minutes Oct 4, 2018
Sent by:        <oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org>

Quite a few action items this meetingâ

Scribe

AttendeesResolutions

Actions

Chat transcript from room: oslc

[14:06] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): David volunteered as scribe.
[14:06] Martin Sarabura:
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2018.09.27
[14:07] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Minutes accepted.
[14:10] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Action: Jim to copy Resource Paging into 3.0 spec - done.
[14:10] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Action: Jim to add conformance clause class to specs - done.
[14:12] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Specs have links to old documents - these should be relative.
[14:13] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Possible solutions - use references to Bibliography items.
[14:13] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Or refer to stable latest URL link.
[14:15] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): 7 multi-part specs need a quality review.
[14:16] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Martin can help.
[14:17] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Jim: Will contact Chet about how to link to specific version of published spec - the URI might not be known in advance of publication.
[14:25] Jim Amsden:
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/53768
[14:26] Jim Amsden:
http://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests
[14:28] Martin Sarabura: David re container MUST be an LDPC: :
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2018.07.19
[14:31] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Nick expressed the view that query results container MUST be an LDPC makes current implementations non-compliant.
[14:31] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): David emailed TC about discussion and vote on this.
[14:32] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Spec currently reflects the review from last week and the vote taken on 2018-07-19.
[14:33] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Next step is for someone to perform a quality review of the Query 3.0 spec before we propose a public review of a CSD.
[14:35] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Jim to perform quality review of Query 3.0 spec. Martin will also do that later.
[14:35] Martin Sarabura:
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/FrontPage
[14:38] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Config Management spec needs update to reflect issue
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-183
[14:39] Martin Sarabura: Andrew: Registration request to IANA
[14:39] Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH): example.com/.well-known/oslc/
[14:41] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Nick will be out for a week, back for a few days, then out for a conference. So he may not be able to respond.
[14:46] David Honey (Persistent/IBM):
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-185
[14:47] Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH):
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-9
[14:50] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Choice between holding off publication of CSD until we have resolved issue 185/9, or proceed with publication and then if further change required, do another iteration. Jim: Thinks 1st is better.
[14:51] Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH):
http://oslc.github.io/developing-oslc-applications/iotp_adaptor/developer-guide
[14:51] Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH):
http://oslc.github.io/developing-oslc-applications/iotp_adaptor/consumer-friend.html
[14:53] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Action: Jim to email Andrew links to documents on rootservices.
[14:54] Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH):
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RootServicesSpec
[14:54] Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH): xmlns:jd="
http://jazz.net/xmlns/prod/jazz/discovery/1.0/"
[14:55] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Action: Andrew email TC core with reference to issues, the motivation for bootstrapping discovery and any proposal to address.
[14:56] Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH):
https://jazz.net/xmlns/prod/jazz/discovery/1.0/is 404
[14:58] David Honey (Persistent/IBM): Issue for Nick to address in Config Management spec is
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-183.

PTC Logo

Dr. Martin Sarabura

Technical Fellow, Enterprise Architecture Group

+1 (519) 502-4819
msarabura@ptc.com

ptc.comâ