Subject: OSLC CORE TC minutes Nov 29, 2018

Martin Sarabura: Martin will scribe

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-core/email/archives/201811/msg00012.html

Martin Sarabura: Minutes accepted

Martin Sarabura: OAuth permissions?

Martin Sarabura: No need for special permissions since comments are public

Martin Sarabura: Martin to send appropriate github access to Jim

Martin Sarabura: Do need to check in repo - which will be protected

Martin Sarabura: No, repo is public - have to pay for private - so still need token but no need for oauth permissions to be granted

Martin Sarabura: Query spec published

Jim Amsden: Motion: I move that the OSLC Domains TC approve submitting OSLC Query Capability Specification Version 3.0 and all associated artifacts packaged together in https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-core/download.php/64343/oslc-query-csprd01.zip as a Committee Specification Draft, designate the HTML version of the document as authoritative, and for 30 days public review.

Martin Sarabura: (Back to previous topic)

Do all permissions since it's just a test repo anyway

Martin Sarabura: Martin 2nd the motion

Martin Sarabura: Change log in the repository

Martin Sarabura: Date extended out a couple of weeks to allow for voting to complete

Martin Sarabura: 2019 needs to be 2018

Martin Sarabura: doc links needed to be fixed to conform to oasis

Martin Sarabura: renumbered previous history - revision history of the published oasis document, not the actual history

Martin Sarabura: HTML verification on the document and links

Martin Sarabura: Should not be any broken links other than links to published docs which is unknown until they are punished

Martin Sarabura: OASIS will verify the mechanical stuff - otherwise content is unchanged.

Jim Amsden: +1

David Honey (Persistent/IBM): +1

Martin Sarabura: +1

Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH): +1

Martin Sarabura: Accepted

Martin Sarabura: Martin to publish these meeting notes asap so Jim can reference them

Martin Sarabura: ie., send minutes to core TC list

Martin Sarabura: Naming conventions and relative links

Martin Sarabura: OASIS will not change naming guidelines

Martin Sarabura: Thus SCM repository will not align with filenames on the published site

Martin Sarabura: Jim has 3 options:

Martin Sarabura: OASIS please reconsider? (hat in hand)

Martin Sarabura: Implement the naming conventions inside of respec and have respec adjust any relative references that it finds

Martin Sarabura: Redirect to preserve the original file names

Martin Sarabura: Jim expects they will use the third approach

Martin Sarabura: David: Desirable if we can extend results to local copy

Martin Sarabura: Jim: Respec would be responsible for translating only when generating html

Martin Sarabura: Document would have proper scm file names in it

Martin Sarabura: Tricky is to find all the hrefs

Martin Sarabura: Jim hoping they will adopt either 1 or 3, with 1 being unlikely

Martin Sarabura: David: Must be other similar projects in OASIS?

Martin Sarabura: Jim: We have quite a few documents in our spec

Martin Sarabura: Andrew: Discovery of discovery?

Martin Sarabura: Andrew to follow up with Martin Pain

Martin Sarabura: Andrew found more interest in standardizing discovery that we already have

Martin Sarabura: Root services common practice - feedback that this was most desirable

Martin Sarabura: Still need the URL - no standard name for it

Martin Sarabura: Even if you knew the relative URL still need host and port

Martin Sarabura: and protocole

Martin Sarabura: Ya gotta know somethin

Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qczVGQXNdv8wXf-hilh8cgcTVOOWvmA9TWVogW5qGKU/edit#

Martin Sarabura: Scenario 5: OSLC admin does not have sys admin privileges

Martin Sarabura: Jazz uses oauth 0.1.a tokens

Jim Amsden: http://oslc.github.io/developing-oslc-applications/iotp_adaptor/rootservices.html

Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH): https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RootServicesSpec#OAuth_Service_Provider_Propertie

Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH): The priority is to capture the discovery mechanisms necessary to be implemented by the vendors to allow the tools to be able to connect to the OSLC-based tools widely used today. This involves reading the spec on Jazz.net linked above and reverse-engineering the responses of the tools in the wild.

Martin Sarabura: Jim: Are we trying to standardize the Jazz approach?

Martin Sarabura: If we want 2 servers to be able to interact

Andrew Berezovskyi (KTH): added the scenario no. 6 to the Google Doc

Martin Sarabura: Isn't the purpose to enable client-based integrations?

Martin Sarabura: Jim: Still need to store the URL on a server

Martin Sarabura: Even a server is a client to another server

Martin Sarabura: How that's done varies considerably

Martin Sarabura: OpenID connect is still just a recommendation

Martin Sarabura: Standardizing how to discover authentication mechanisms seems like a whole different spec

Martin Sarabura: Has been an ongoing issue

Martin Sarabura: Biggest stumbling block to integration has always been authentication

Martin Sarabura: Running in a browser use fetch - in a node application have to do it manually

Martin Sarabura: Bottom line: There is a need, but it's a big problem - need extra people to do it!

Martin Sarabura: There are docs on jazz.net describing different auth approaches and how to use them

Martin Sarabura: Open ID connect tries to standardize it, but it's just one of many approaches

Martin Sarabura: Problem that customers are having is what to do with non-Jazz tools -

Martin Sarabura: We're well positioned to standardize discovery of the critical items, and Andrew could run with it

Martin Sarabura: It would be an interesting discussion re open projects

Martin Sarabura: Andrew will summarize over email

Martin Sarabura: Martin to submit tab request

Jim Amsden: https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests/30-day-committee-specification-draft-public-review-request

Martin Sarabura: Meeting adjourned