oslc-domains message

Subject: RE: [oslc-domains] Reconciling 2.0 domain specification base requirements with OSLC Core 3.0

Hi Nick

Thanks for response.

Vocab q#1:  OK. So, should we simply delete the dcterms:description? Its content is a bit more verbose/explanatory than that in rdfs:comment, and includes examples. Merging the content means that we diverge from the original 2.0  content.

Shape q#1: See attached figure for where in the shapes file I see it. I did also fix the vann:preferredNamespacePrefix, but that did not seem to help.

Shape q#2: Ok. I have now synchronised the shapes tables with those on http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/RmSpecificationV2

But this raised a new issue - Shape q#3:

In the original Shapes tables, a number of Properties have a different description when used in the Requirement  table, compared to when used in the RequirementCollection table.

Properties such as dcterms:contributor, affectedBy, constrainedBy, implementedBy, etc.

The latter differ because they exemplify the property using either Requirement or RequiremetCollection in the text.

But in the current document, it is not possible to have different  descriptions, since it seems that we reuse the same property constraint definition in both shapes. Right?

This is a minor issue, since luckily I did not find a problem in the other columns (such as occurs, range, etc).

But is there something  fundamentally wrong in reusing the same property constraint in many shapes?

regards

Jad El-khoury, PhD

KTH Royal Institute of Technology

School of Industrial Engineering and Management, Mechatronics Division

Brinellvägen 83, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden

Phone: +46(0)8 790 6877 Mobile: +46(0)70 773 93 45

jad@kth.se, www.kth.se