oslc-domains message

Subject: RE: [oslc-domains] Feedback for RM spec

Thanks Nick, yes that works perfectly. So I have some additional comments re the vocab file:

  1. Sec 2: What does **root** mean here? This specification defines the **root** superclass, and a number of specific, commonly occurring subclasses, properties and values. Servers may define additional **root** subclasses and provide additional properties as needed.
  2. Shouldn’t we have a non-normative recommendation for how to represent a tree structure in these collections? The only real option available here is the oslc_rm:uses property. Presumably it can include another requirements collection; thus creating a hierarchy. Since it is the only option then presumably everybody will figure that out but it’s such a common scenario (ReqIF, Integrity LM) that it seems worth mentioning – or some other approach if oslc_rm:uses is not desirable for some reason.
  3. Another philosophical question, what is the granularity of Requirements Collections in relation to Service Provider (or LDPC)? I can see them being identical, or, it could be that there are many requirements collections within a given service provider. What would be our (presumably non-normative) recommendation for how to design this?
  4. I believe we need to state that you must not use OSLC namespaces for non-OSLC properties, right? Thus change the sentence: It is strongly recommended that any additional properties be defined in XML namespaces distinct from those defined by OSLC in these specifications. I need to find that reference in the Core docs
  5. dcterms:modified – Timestamp last latest resource modification

Regards, Martin

PTC Logo

Dr. Martin Sarabura
Technical Fellow, Office of Research & Architecture

+1 519.502.4819
msarabura@ptc.com