oslc-domains message

Subject: Specification status update

TC Members,
See https://github.com/oasis-tcs/oslc-domains/wikifor a summary of the current Domains specifications status and remaining work. Summarized here:

1. Change Management 3.0 specification is now a committee specification. We are ready to start collecting statements of use in order to promote this specification to OASIS standard.

2. Requirements Management 2.1 is now in public review: The public review started 04 July 2018 at 00:00 UTC and ends 02 August 2018 at 23:59 UTC. Once this is complete we can vote to promote to committee specification and begin collecting statements of use.

3. Architecture Management 2.1 is ready to submit for public review. We approved a motion to request a full majority vote ballot to create CSPRD01 for public review today. I will be putting together the documents for publication this week, and request the TC Admin to schedule the ballot.

4. Koneksys has completed the initial migration of the following open-services.net OSLC 2.x specifications and these are now ready for review by the Domains TC members.

* Asset Management V2.0 (https://rawgit.com/oasis-tcs/oslc-domains/master/asset/asset-management-spec.html)
* Automation V2.1 (https://rawgit.com/oasis-tcs/oslc-domains/master/auto/automation-spec.html)
* Performance Monitoring V2.0 (https://rawgit.com/oasis-tcs/oslc-domains/master/perfmon/performance-monitoring-spec.html)

5. Gray is still working on an initial Quality Management draft

We had two meetings in a row that did not achieve quorum: July 5 and July 12. Unfortunately meetings without quorum still count towards voting rights, so at this point Jim Amsden is the only eligible voting member. Please try to attend the short meeting on Thursday at 9:30 EDT so that you can maintain your voting rights.

The Domains TC is somewhat unique in that we are managing seven active documents while most TCs only deal with one. I addition, many of us are on the OSLC Core TC which is dealing with four OASIS specifications, one of which (core) is seven parts. That's a lot of documents to review, edit and push through the OASIS process. However, we're getting close to seeing some real progress with the CM spec being close to becoming an OASIS Standard. Most of the other Domains specifications don't require a lot of technical discussion, we just need to get the document maintenance reviews done so they are ready to publish.

All we can do is keep doing our collective best. But it would be nice to see some of these specifications completed, hopefully this year.

Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member
OSLC and Linked Lifecycle Data
919-525-6575