oslc-domains message

Subject: Re: [oslc-domains] Groups - Current summary of QM Spec issues uploaded

Gray,
Perhaps we have a misunderstanding re: QM and RM specs. Our goal was to migrate the existing QM 2.0 spec to OASIS. Our goal was not necessarily align the OSLC Domains specs other than following OASIS formatting and organization. The intent was to make minimal changes to content in order to avoid introducing incompatibilities and slowing the standardization process for these mature technologies.

So QM differences in capabilities, MAY, MUST or SHOULD, and other inconsistencies with RM and CM are fine unless they have been identified as defects in the QM 2.0 spec. There's no need to align the specs, and that could introduce the very incompatibilities we are trying to avoid.

Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member
OSLC and Linked Lifecycle Data
919-525-6575

From:        G Bachelor <gray_bachelor@uk.ibm.com>
To:        oslc-domains@lists.oasis-open.org
Date:        10/17/2018 12:41 PM
Sent by:        <oslc-domains@lists.oasis-open.org>

Submitter's message
For tomorrows meeting I have summarised the open issues with the QM spec draft that is on the Github branch B15 - QM - feedback - update
-- Mr. G Bachelor
Document Name: Current summary of QM Spec issues

Description
This summarises the detail feedback that Jad has kindly given - mostly its
to do with inconsistencies across V2.1 cf V2.0 or between QM and say RM

Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. G Bachelor
Group
: OASIS OSLC Lifecycle Integration for Domains (OSLC Domains) TC
Folder
: Documents
Date submitted
: 2018-10-17 09:41:08