oslc-domains message

Subject: Re: [oslc-core] Re: Fw: Guidance on using relative links in OASIS specifications

Chet,
Its pretty simple. Consider OSLC Core multi-part specifications. There's lots of cross links between the specifications as they are all related capabilities of a whole. If the repo and published file names are just the files: attachments.html, core-vocab.html, dialogs.html, discovery.html, oslc-core.html, etc. then all the relative links are things lik <a href="" Discovering Dialogs</a>. These links would work as long as the files are all published in the same parent directory, and retain their file name.

Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member
OSLC and Linked Lifecycle Data
919-525-6575

From:        Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>
To:        Jim Amsden <jamsden@us.ibm.com>, Paul Knight <paul.knight@oasis-open.org>
Cc:        "OSLC Core TC (oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org)" <oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org>, OASIS OSLC Domains TC Discussion List <oslc-domains@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date:        10/22/2018 02:09 PM
Sent by:        <oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi Jim - would you mind sending us some examples of the relative links you want to maintain? It isn't clear to us how you'd construct the relative links given that the variable information is built into the URL path.

Thanks - also taking this forward to the TAB and the Board Process Committee for discussion.

/chet