oslc-promcode message

Subject: Minutes of PROMCODE TC call of March 18, 2021

  • Tom Kamimura
  • Masaki Wakao
  • Hiroyuki Yoshida
  • Shinji Matsuoka
  • Kazuo Yabuta
  • Shigeaki Matsumoto

Discussions

  • Work needed for voting
    • Aoyama-san summarized the TC process regarding the voting for CSD and for a public review of the CSD. Due to a couple of questions that came up that took most of the today's TC call, we had to postpone the voting to the next TC call. Questions discussed were the following.
      • The process requires to create a ZIP file that contains a specification document, and other artifacts including machine readable files. The machine readable files need to be well-formed and validated. We have not done the validation of our vocabulary file and shape files. Also, we realized that there are additional requirements on shape files for using relative paths, metadata and IP. It was decided to spend more time on them and agreed to schedule a working meeting next week to figure out the exact work needed.
      • There is a usecase document titled "OASIS PROMCODE: Use Cases, Scenarios, and System Flows of a sample Implementation". This document is not normative document, but the content is very helpful in understanding the specification. Therefore, we can publish the document as a Non-standards track work product. Questions discussed were: 1. Does TC need to vote to publish it? 2. Do we need to publish it before a public review of the specification starts? 3. Do we need to follow rigorous change management process of OASIS to control the document? Our guess was that Yes on 1, up to TC to decide on 2 and no on 3. Aoyama-san will contact Chet get his advice.
    • Matsumoto-san revised the merged-shape.ttl reflecting recent change of the specification. Then, he uploaded three files to OASIS svn. One of them shape.html has some problem when it is rendered by a browser. Matsumoto-san indicated that he had a problem in running respec.
  • Schedule for voting
    • It was agreed to schedule a working meeting on March 23 for the work on shape files with required participants of Aoyama-san, Wakao-san, Matsumoto-san and Kamimura.
    • Assuming that all the work needed will be cleared, the next TC call is scheduled for March 30th to conduct the voting.

Actions

  • Aoyama-san will contact Chet to get his advice regarding the usecase document.
  • Matsumoto-san will look at the work need to revise shape files.
  • Matsumoto-san will try to resolve the issue with shape.html file.
  • Wakao-san will look at vocabulary.ttl file to see if there is any work needed.
  • Wakao-san will schedule a working meeting described above on March 23.

The minutes created by T. Kamimura