oslc-promcode message

Subject: Minutes of PROMCODE TC call of March 30, 2021

Describe telecon March 30, 2021

Agenda

Scribe nomination

Roll Call

Next meeting: April 15, 2021

Voting Rights Held by:

  • Mikio Aoyama
  • Kazuo Yabuta
  • Masaki Wakao
  • Tom Kamimura
  • Shigeaki Matsumoto
  • Shinji Matsuoka
  • Hiroyuki Yoshida

Chair: Mikio Aoyama

Scribe: Tom Kamimura

Attendees:

  • Mikio Aoyama
  • Tom Kamimura
  • Masaki Wakao
  • Hiroyuki Yoshida
  • Shinji Matsuoka
  • Kazuo Yabuta
  • Shigeaki Matsumoto

Discussions

  • Kamimura updated the situation regarding the creation of the package needed for public review. Kamimura, Wakao-san and Matsumoto-san worked for that during the last two weeks. The spec document is cleaned and is available. Two ttl documents, shape.ttl and vocab.ttl have been validated. There is one topic that needs further investigation. That has to do with the use of oslc:valueShape. Since this property requires zero-or-one occurence, shape.ttl produced errors. We need to understand more about the relations with the property oslc: range that allows zore-to-many occurences. We have not been able to produce proper shape.html and vacab.html documents yet. Currently, generated html documents from shape.ttl and vacab.ttl have some problems with formating, some sections generated automatically and table of contents.
  • Aoyama-san summarized items we need to review to determine the licensing of documents to be published when the working draft moves to CSD stage. He recommended to use Apache 2.0 Licensing since other OSLC groups use that. We also discussed an issue of getting approval from IBM, Fujitsu and NEC on this topic. Participants from these companies felt that it will not be a problem with their companies. In the meantime, Matsumoto-san examined licensing issue further after the TC call. He indicated an opinion that OSS licensing may apply to only OASIS Open Projects. Since our TC is already covered by OASIS licensing when the TC was formed, this sounds logical.

Actions

  • Aoyama-san will contact Chet to get his advice regarding the usecase document.
  • Kamimura, Wakao-san and Matsumoto-san will continue to work on creating a package of files of right content and format.
  • Wakao-san will try to contact Jim to get his advice on licensing.
  • Wakao-san will also try to find out more to see if Matsumo-san's opinion is valid or not.

The minutes created by T. Kamimura