oslc-promcode message

Subject: Minutes of PROMCODE TC call of April 15, 2021

telecon April 15, 2021

Agenda

Scribe nomination

Roll Call

Next meeting: 5pm-6pm on April 28, 2021 or 11am-12pm on April 30, 2021

Voting Rights Held by:

  • Mikio Aoyama
  • Kazuo Yabuta
  • Masaki Wakao
  • Tom Kamimura
  • Shigeaki Matsumoto
  • Shinji Matsuoka
  • Hiroyuki Yoshida

Chair: Mikio Aoyama

Scribe: Tom Kamimura

Attendees:

  • Mikio Aoyama
  • Tom Kamimura
  • Masaki Wakao
  • Hiroyuki Yoshida
  • Shinji Matsuoka
  • Kazuo Yabuta
  • Shigeaki Matsumoto

Discussions

  • There are three items we need to clear before the voting for CSD and public review.
    1. One is the licensing issue. After looking at documents by other TC's and produced artifacts by the groups of OSLC, Kamimura, Waka-san and Matsumoto-san felt that OSS licensing may not be needed for PROMCODE work products. This is because the PROMCODE TC is not a part of OASIS Open Project, and will not produce open source programs. Since PROMCODE is already covered by IPR policy of OASIS when our TC started, additional licensing is not needed for us. TC members agreed that this is a reasonable interpretation, but we need to consult with TC Administrator to ensure that this is fine with OASIS.
    2. The second issue is the production of shape.ttl and vocab.ttl files for the CSD package. Kamimura, Wakao-san and Matsumoto-san worked on that and two ttl files, shape.ttll and vacab.ttl, have been produced. There was some discussion on some difficulty of validation of shape.ttl file due to the constraint on the cardinality of valueShape. There seems to be an issue with the constraint of Occurs of valueShpae property of Property resource defined in OSLC Core. Occur should be zero to many instead of zero or one. In the meantime, we used ManagedItemShape to pass the validation check in situations where validation causes errors. We decided to move forward with the current files since this is an issue with OSLC Core and want to avoid further delay because of this.
    3. With the documents of shape.html and voca.html as part of the PROMCODE specification, three documents with these files and spec.html now constitutes the PROMCODE specification. We discussed the duplication of content since the content of spec.html and vocab.html is included in spec.html. Following the groups of OSLC Open project, it was decided to remove duplicated content from spec.html.

Actions

  • Aoyama-san will contact Chet to get his response regarding the issue 1 as described above.
  • Kamimura, Wakao-san and Matsumoto-san will modify three files (spec.html, vocab.html and shape.html) to eliminate the duplication as described in 3.

The minutes created by T. Kamimura