oslc-promcode message

Subject: Meeting minutes of PROMCODE TC call of July 29, 2021

Describe telecon July 29, 2021

Agenda

Scribe nomination

Roll Call

Next meeting: 1-2pm on August 11, 2021

Voting Rights Held by:

  • Kazuo Yabuta
  • Masaki Wakao
  • Tom Kamimura
  • Shigeaki Matsumoto
  • Shinji Matsuoka
  • Hiroyuki Yoshida

Chair: Tom Kamimura

Scribe: Tom Kamimura

Attendees:

  • Tom Kamimura
  • Masaki Wakao
  • Hiroyuki Yoshida
  • Shinji Matsuoka
  • Kazuo Yabuta
  • Shigeaki Matsumoto
  • Yoshio Horiuchi

Discussions

1. Update on CSD and Public Review

Paul Knight has been assigned to help us on CSD and public review. Paul edited our document to comply with the latest format of OASIS and started a public review on July 24th, 2021. The public review will end on August 22nd, 2021. Its comments will be collected at https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oslc-promcode-comment/. Paul also worked on reformatting our Use Case document which was published on July 28th, 2021. The Use Case document is expected to help in reviewing the PROMCODE specification. Issues and udpates are available at https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TCADMIN-4021

2. Discussion on TC formation

We have been discussing new formation of our TC after November of this year.

  • Yabuta-san contacted Prof. Washizaki of Waseda University on the possibility of hosting three members (Yabuta-san, Yoshida-san and Kamimura) to continue the PROMCODE work by appointing the as visiting members of Waseda University.
  • Yoshida-san contacted Chiba-san and Inoya-san of Hitachi for the possibility of their participation to PROMCODE TC. Chiba-san idicated the difficulty due to his current role at Hitachi.
  • Matsumoto-san talked with Kobayashi-san in NEC for additional members to the PROMCODE TC from NEC. A possibility seems to exist to have addional person from NEC, possibly Kobayashi-san himself.
  • Kamimura asked Chet about OASIS Individual Membership. Chet indicated that the membership is available to people who are unemployed or self-employed and has no constraints on activities individual members participate.

3. Third SoU

We discussed possible options for third implementation that can be used for SoU.

  • Implementation by the students of Nanzan University. Yabuta-san will contact Nakamura-san of Fijutsu to get more information and help.
  • Possibility of enhancing implementation done by Hitachi team from the PROMIS project.
  • Enhancing IBM's Excel Adapter implementation.

Actions

  • Yoshida-san to contact Nakamura-san of Hitachi for possible participation to the PROMCODE TC and for possible use of heir implementation from the PROMIS project.
  • Yabuta-san to contact Nakamura-san of Fujitsu to get help on the implementation by the students of Nanzan University.
  • Yabuta-san to contact Prof. Washizawa for the arrangement of Yabuta-san, Yoshida-san and Kamimura as visiting staffs of Waseda University.
  • Kamimura to contact Chet for using Individual Membership of OASIS for Yabuta-san and Kamimura from November.
  • Wakao-san to examine the feasibility of enhancing and using IBM's Excel Adapter for SoU.
  • Wakao-san to contact Ohsawa-san for his participation to the PROMCODE TC.
  • Matsumoto-san to talk to Kobayashi-san of NEC on his participation to the PROMCODE TC.

The minutes created by T. Kamimura