pacr message

Subject: Proposing name change to PACR

Hi folks

There hasn't been a good sign up for the PACR group thus far, and I feel one of the primary issues is the name of the group itself.

PACR isn't a very helpful term and given the somewhat dry nature of the focus area is further tying one hand behind our back, so instead we would ideally need a name that is immediately self-describing and catchy. This is really important to 'brand' marketing as demonstrated by the success of TOSCA or CAMP for example.

So a couple of ideas could be:

- Government Cloud Computing
- Cloud Provider Compliance

The latter is to reflect what at one point was becoming a more generic focus on compliance vs the public sector - I wouldn't mind either way, each one would work for me as it specifies an exact and clear focus for the group which is key, but in general I am not fixed on these and am open to any other ideas. The main thing is to change away from PACR which I feel is hurting our primary objective of attracting members, confirmed by the low adoption rate.

Kind regards,

--
Neil McEvoy
VP Business Development