pacr message

Subject: RE: OASIS PACR Technical Committee

I don't understand why this notification was sent directly to me and not made to the already-established PACR TC list, the one that eligible attendees to the inaugural meeting are already subscribed to as part of their membership.

I am aware of the concern that the name of the TC is not considered descriptive or inviting (there being only six members, including the convenor, at this very moment).  My only concern is withdrawal of the committee formation being carried out by private communication.

I have checked the OASIS Technical Committee Process, <https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process> effective 2013-02-14 and see that failure to have a Minimum Membership at the initial meeting will result in automatic closure of the TC.  I assume that is what the request to withdraw my membership is intended to accomplish.

I will consider that upon adequate discussion on this list prior to the inaugural meeting.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: workgroup_mailer@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:workgroup_mailer@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Mr. John Borras
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 01:00
To: dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Subject: OASIS PACR Technical Committee

Dennis,
After further consideration the co-proposers of the TC want to reconsider its Charter and make some subtle changes before work gets underway. I'm sure you will appreciate that it is vital to start off on the right foot hence this further delay.
It will however mean starting again and for procedural reasons it is necessary to formally close this TC before a new can be started under the revised Charter.  Could you please therefore de-register your membership by using the "Remove Me" link under "Roster" on the TC website.  Also ignore any announcement from Chet Ensign about a first TC meeting next week.
Thanks for your understanding and watch this space for further announcements.
Regards
John Borras
PACR TC Convenor