pbd-se message

Subject: Re: pbdsewiki (dennis.hamilton@acm.org)

Oh - on re-reading, I would say one thing differently. I would replace "... the best way to do this..." with "... the *only* way to do this..." <grin>

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
Dawn,

I'm concerned about this.  It probably doesn't work for me.

Because of the OASIS IPR rules for this TC, it is important to ensure that work is covered by that agreement.  The best way to do that is to use the OASIS-provided resources, including the mailing list, the document archives, and, as desired, a Wiki, a JIRA section (for issue tracking), and a Subversion repository.  Furthermore, this assures the public preservation of this work and its deliberations in a common place.

It is true that the only contributors to OASIS artifacts (apart from submissions on the comment- list) must be members of the TC.  The work is in plain sight, but it is not open to arbitrary or anonymous contributions.  Again, that is related to assuring the integrity of the OASIS IPR regime for the TC.

One place for informal interactions on the work of some OASIS projects is a set of OASIS-hosted Forums that are open to the public.  Those should be considered as a possibility.

I'm certain there can be more-appealing and more-engaging alternatives.  But the issue is always going to be dealing with results that were contributed to by non-members of the TC and how those can end up being introduced into a TC work product.

I think it is important to consult with the TC Administrator and others at OASIS to see what can be provided that satisfies the requirements for ensuring the integrity of a TC work product and the applicable IPR regime.  I share your interest in cultivating a broad conversation on this topic.

This discussion should continue on the TC list.

(I have not seen minutes from the January 9 meeting, that I missed, or I would have raised this sooner.)

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dawn Jutla (Google Sites) [mailto:dawn.jutla@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 07:51
To: dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Cc: jamie.clark@oasis-open.org; robin@oasis-open.org; darrell.odonnell@continuumloop.com; hardjono@mit.edu; micheledrgon@dataprobity.com; atemin@mitre.org; dmartinez@aoc.cat; kcallahan@hipaat.com; drummond.reed@xdi.org; dermot.cochran@siemens.com; joseph@planetwork.net; cam@bitworld.us; ppyette@perimind.com; harry.rhodes@ahima.org; chet.ensign@oasis-open.org; sander@fieten-it.com; christopher.obremski@jhuapl.edu; neil.mckellar@telus.com; eli.erlikhman@securekey.com; abbie.barbir@bankofamerica.com
Subject: pbdsewiki (dennis.hamilton@acm.org)

I've shared an item with you.
Hello everyone:

As mentioned in last day's meeting, some TC support folks (non-members and OASIS members) are populating an external Google sites with resources to support our discussions. If the TC determines any of these, or summary of subsets of these resources are useful and we add value to them, or create new value based on them, we will place the TC contributions directly into the OASIS repository.

Of course the easiest way to share this resource is to use your gmail account if you have one. If you want to use your gmail credentials, then please send them to me and I will send you a new link to the shared Google Site workspace. Otherwise, you will need to make a new Google account using the email address on which you received this original invite as your user name. You decide your own password.

Chat soon,
Dawn.
 Site<https://ssl.gstatic.com/docs/documents/share/images/services/site-2.png>  pbdsewiki <https://sites.google.com/site/pbdsewiki/>
Google Sites makes creating and sharing a group website easy.    Logo for Google Sites <https://sites.google.com>