pbd-se message

Subject: Re: [pbd-se] RE: Way of Working

To be clearer, my point is that work should be done on a public OASIS  list and not off-list.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia

On Jul 12, 2013, at 8:22 PM, ext Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

@Frederick

Since subcommittee lists are no different than the main TC list in respect to public visibility and transparency, I am not clear what point you are making.  The key thing is that subcommittees don’t decide anything for the TC.  All decision-making and the related deliberations concerning the work products of the TC are at the TC level.  A subcommittee can develop a proposal to the TC, but it is the TC that determines the way forward.

-   Dennis

PS: I find work on subcommittee lists far more useful than face-to-face meetings where the discussion is not captured and especially better than off-TC activities that work out-of-band, all of which I have observe in one place or another.

From: pbd-se@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:pbd-se@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2013 01:36 PM
To: dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Cc: Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com; Frank.Dawson@nokia.com; tonynad@microsoft.com; pbd-se@lists.oasis-open.org

I support discussion and work appearing on the public OASIS mail list and repositories, in fact I think it is essential to enable transparency, openness and enabling new participants to catch up, outsiders to learn and observe and members to have a record with context of earlier work and decisions.

I also note that IPR licensing obligations are only for essential claims in the final deliverables, but that contributions need to be explicit  and sharing via the list is a good way to do this.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia