pbd-se message

Subject: PBD-SE TC meeting documentation - 18 September 2013

TC Members:

Attached (for your convenience) are key meeting documents for the upcoming PBD-SE TC teleconference on 18 September. Please make note of the two discussion questions in the agenda item 3(a):

  • TC Draft Agenda (with embedded links)
  • Proposal for Privacy Use Case Template Test Use Case (tabled March 6)
  • Guidance on Privacy by Default Principle
    (Consolidated from discussion papers tabled at the March and April TC meetings)
  • Use Case Scenario (“Toy Example” – New)
  • Chapter 4 (“Understanding Quality Attributes”) from Software Architecture in Practice, 3rd Ed.

We have reached the halfway point of our TC mandate. After nine months we are at a key juncture in our work as a TC. Consensus is required on fundamental purposes, uses and structure of the Specification in progress. It is imperative that a workable roadmap and assignment of work tasks be established following the September meeting if further progress is to be made.

Many new members have joined (with new ones currently in the process of joining). Numerous documents and comments have been circulated to date.  We have heard several members ask for help in identifying and prioritizing key Committee documents so that they can participate more effectively in committee work.

Accordingly, we have scheduled two optional information sessions as a voluntary service offering to TC members:

1.                  Wednesday, September 11: 1:00-1:30 pm EDT

2.                  Friday, September 13: 10:00-10:30 pm EDT

Call-in details are forthcoming. These sessions are an opportunity for members to review key discussion documents which will be especially relevant for the work ahead. Our intention is to help interested members get up to speed and to prepare for --and focus on-- core issues to be addressed at the upcoming TC meeting. The sessions are NOT intended for substantive discussions of committee work but, rather, are better understood as a preparatory review.

Sincerely,

Fred Carter

On behalf of

Ann Cavoukian, Co-Chair