pbd-se message

Subject: Re: PbD-SE TC meeting Wednesday, June 25 - 1:30 EDT

Dear Colleagues,

Over the weekend, my co-chair, Dawn Jutla posted the following in preparation for our Wednesday meeting:

1. pbd-se-v1_0-wd06 clean copy.docx

2. pbd-se-annex-v1.0-wd01-1 clean copy.doc

3. disposition tables for the above

As we approach the meeting, I want to express my appreciation to all of you who have taken the time to not just attend the meetings but also to provide such valuable and insightful input into the draft Privacy by Design  specification for software engineers. ‎ We are at a significant milestone in this process and I do hope that we can get your support for WD06.

I acknowledge that over the last few weeks we have all been working under a compressed timeline. Your input has been seriously considered, and is reflected in the disposition table.  Please know that we have made every effort to reconcile the various comments/edits and dispositions in the final draft so if you do find a discrepancy, let us know and it will be addressed.  I hope that providing the clean copy of the specification, the Annex as well as the disposition tables will help to focus our discussion on WD06 that will lead us to a TC vote by the end of the call.

You have done amazing work to take PbD to the next level.  We should all be proud of these draft foundation documents and take the necessary step toward a first Committee Specification Draft (CSD).  I am so grateful to all of you and to my co-chair Professor Dawn Jutla for helping to make privacy a functional requirement!

Kind regards,

Ann

Ann Cavoukian, Ph.D.

Commissioner