pbd-se message

Subject: Re: [pbd-se] Draft proposal for comment and issue handling

Gershon,

Terrific write up. Two additional suggestions you all may want to consider.

One of the fields available when create a new issue is the Environment field. Some TCs are using that field to collect the name of the reporter of the issue. Where this comes in particularly handy is for public reviews. You can capture the commenters name and the link to the email from pbd-se-comment@ for each issue you enter. Then, when it comes time for the next public review or other step where you'll need to have a comment resolution log, you can export issues from JIRA into a spread sheet to create the log.

The other field that helps with this is the Version field (there are two - I use Affects Version myself). You can use the Version field to identify the spec and the release for which the issue is being entered. (For example "Privacy by Design for Software Engineers Version 1.0 CSPRD01".) As you go through multiple public reviews, identifying them in the Version field lets you filter out what you received when. See how we do this for the TAB in https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TAB/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:versions-panel

Best,

/chet