pbd-se message

Subject: RE: [pbd-se] Re: Holding meeting today

Hello Dawn and PbD-SE-ers.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend today, due to schedule conflicts.

With respect to the topic of privacy business process maturity, I would point also to the recent ISO publication of ISO 29190/Privacy Capability Assessment. It is a rather solid standard coming from ISO/IEC JTC1 SC27/WG5. Nokia piloted its use in 2013 to baseline privacy maturity of our privacy program. One of the strengths of that standard is that it uses a multi-dimensional review criteria, as privacy maturity is difficult to merely judge as a scalar value (EG, best represented with a tool like a spider-web graph to show maturity of a set of criteria). Also it is flexible to the organizational differences across industries, as well as differences in the structure of a privacy program across organizations.

BSIMM approach to measuring security program maturity is similarly structured, but also as implemented is based on feedback from a set of industry players.

Frank/

From: pbd-se@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:pbd-se@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of ext Dawn Jutla
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 06:33
To: pbd-se@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [pbd-se] Re: Holding meeting today

Please see attached for the references that Jonathan supplied for our discussions.

Best regards, Dawn.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 8:28 AM, Dawn Jutla <dawn.jutla@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear PbD-SE Committee:

With apologies for the late notice due to Gershon's and my recent demanding schedules. We are holding the meeting today as planned.

Our Jonathan Fox has kindly agreed to lead a discussion on his scan of Privacy Maturity Models to inform our work going forward.

1. CMM

2. CMMI

3. BSIMM (See attached)

4. Open SAMM http://www.opensamm.org/

5. AICPA/CICA Privacy Maturity Model

Looking forward to our discussions at 1:30 p.m. EST today.

Kind regards, Dawn.

* Call-In Information:

Thanks to Saint Mary's University for providing the conference bridge.

Conference Reference: 147385

Participant Access Code: 9793565 #

Dial in numbers:

- North America:

877-385-4099 + Conference Access Code

- Overseas Locations provided with the exception of Greece:

International Access Code + 800-8358-7111 + Conference Access Code

Dr. Dawn Jutla, PhD

Professor of Technology Entrepreneurship, Strategy, and Computer Science

MTEI Program Founder and Director

SOBEY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Saint Mary's University, Halifax, NS, B3H 3C3

Phone: 1 902 491 6441

Website ; Twitter @DNJutla

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain confidential information that is protected by law and is for the sole use of the individuals or entities to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this email and destroying all copies of the communication and attachments. Further use, disclosure, copying, distribution of, or reliance upon the contents of this email and attachments is strictly prohibited.