pbd-se message

Subject: RE: [pbd-se] Re: Holding meeting today - Privacy Maturity Models (PMM)

Hei Ulrich.

The email list is public, as far as I understand. Decisions are also made by members with voting rights, through continued participation in meetings.

One one-hand, someone has to pay to keep these consoritia/standards groups going. There can also be procedural matters such as IP related to contributions, governance and all that.

Talk to our Oasis secretary, Gershon, as he knows current OASIS policy on Technical Committee participation.

For the rest of the list, my organization has reorganized. I am now within the legal & compliance group of Nokia Technologies. Still serving as privacy officer but my resources for regular participation on the PbD-SE TC has been reduced. I hope to monitor the list and contribute when there is something of value that I can offer, but it might be hard to attend our meetings on a regular basis. FYI.

From: ext Dr. Ulrich Lang [mailto:ulrich.lang@objectsecurity.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 13:23
To: Dawson Frank (Nokia-TECH/Irving); 'Mike Davis'; 'Dawn Jutla'; jonathan_fox@mcafee.com; join@oasis-open.org
Cc: Fred.Carter@ipc.on.ca; ann.cavoukian@ryerson.ca; gershon@qroot.com

Hello Frank, all,

Thanks, so it is necessary to become an OASIS member in order to join the list? I don’t think we can justify the corporate membership cost ($3520) just for joining the mailing list. And we can’t really get too involved in OASIS otherwise because as a small business we don’t have any dispensable team members that would have the spare time to interact with OASIS to the extent that would maybe justify the membership cost.

I understand from past experience that OASIS may feel there are intellectual property issues with non-members being part of the conversation. If that is the case, I would be happy to sign an NDA if that helps. If paid membership is necessary, then I guess we will have to observe from the outside.

Any thoughts on this?

Best
Ulrich