pbd-se message

Subject: Information on privacy engineering work

Dear all,

Here is some info on what I discussed during today PMRM confcall:

  • PRIPARE methodology handbook is now finalised and a press release was issued in March 2016 (http://pripareproject.eu/). I would like to thank OASIS for having helped us in this.
  • EIP-SCC (European Innovation Platform on Smart Cities and Communities - see https://eu-smartcities.eu/) includes an initiative called Citizen Centric Approach to Data- Privacy by Design (https://eu-smartcities.eu/content/citizen-centric-approach-data-privacy-design)
  • Here are some developments in ISO SC27/WG5 related to privacy and privacy engineering
    • A study period on privacy in IOT has started
    • A study period on privacy in smart cities is on-going
    • I have proposed a new work item proposal for a technical report : privacy engineering. The scope of the NWIP is attached.
    • ISO WG9 on big data is undertaking the standardisation ISO-20547of Big data reference architecture. I believe it is based on the work of NIST. Part 4 of the standard: security and privacy fabric will be developed by SC27/WG5.

I see an interest in creating a liaison between ISO SC27/WG5 and OASIS to allow the promotion and integration of PMRM in the ISO context. Since I am active in SC27/WG5, I could help. For instance, I see a benefit in organising a presentation of PMRM and even proposing an ISO study on the integration of PMRM into the ISO landscape

Antonio Kung
--
Logo Trialog Antonio Kung
TRIALOG SA, 25 rue du Général Foy, 75008 PARIS