pbd-se message

Subject: Fwd: [cxs] Differential privacy

Members of the PMRM TC and the PbD-SE TC,

I'm taking the liberty of forwarding this post from Christophe Laprun (thank you Christophe!) to the Context Server (CXS) TC with links to articles on differential privacy in case these are of interest to you all in your work.

Best regards,

/chet

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christophe Laprun <claprun@jahia.com>
Date: Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 12:01 PM
Subject: [cxs] Differential privacy
To: cxs@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi folks,

Since the WWDC, there’s been a flurry of discussions about differential privacy and what it means and we thought that some of these techniques could be relevant for CXS for the privacy aspect of the spec.

Here are some interesting links on the subject:
Wired article: https://www.wired.com/2016/06/apples-differential-privacy-collecting-data
Good overview with lots of links: http://blog.cryptographyengineering.com/2016/06/what-is-differential-privacy.html

I’m not sure how applicable this would be to the CXS effort but it might be worth investigating.

Best regards,

Christophe Laprun
Senior Software Engineer

8 rue du Sentier | 75002 Paris | France