pkcs11-comment message

Subject: HMAC keys

Hi,

I'm obviously missing something, as this topic has been discussed very long. Version 2.40 defines the key types CKK_SHA_1_HMAC and similar to be used for hmac mechanisms. Am I correct, that these keys shall be created with C_CreateObject? Am I also correct that these keys can only be created with C_GenerateKey if vendor specific key generation mechanisms are available, as no such mechanisms have been defined?

Thank you for clarification.

Kind regards,
Birgit