pkcs11-comment message

Subject: Re: [pkcs11-comment] PKCS11 v2.40 vs. v2.30

On 4/11/2016 5:16 PM, Gian-Carlo Bava wrote:
Hi,

Is the new v2.40 pkcs11.h header file backwards compatible with v2.30?

That was our intent, but as Jaroslav has noted we were not able to execute that perfectly. We did our best to reconcile the issues between 2.20, 2.30, and 2.40 in our errata document.

We will try to make our header file process more transparent going forward to make it easier for folks to follow along with the changes, and help point out mistakes earlier in the process :-)

We are working with oasis admin on this now

Is there somewhere a description of the changes and additions in v2.40 versus v2.30?

No, no such document exists. Several folks have talked about making one, and even started at it, but none was made as an official work product of the TC and to the best of my knowledge there is no complete version that has that.

Should I be asking these kinds of questions somewhere else?

You found the right place :-)

Valerie

--
Note: I am using voice recognition software. Forgive any strange words.
Valerie Fenwick, http://bubbva.blogspot.com/ @bubbva