pkcs11-comment message

Subject: Re: [pkcs11-comment] RE: Request for vendor defined mechanism allocation

Hi Somesh,

To add to the conversation, we did identify that there may be ID clashes within the reserved vendor mechanisms space however we are biting this off in chunks. for V3.0 we ring-fenced the reserved space. For v3.1 the TC has already agreed that a key focus will be on on testing which requires greater levels of interoperability and as such, I am expecting that we will tighten up on how we handle vendor-specific content.

That said, as Valerie mentioned, if you have some specific requirements - we'd love to see them.

Best Regards,

Tony Cox

VP Partners, Alliances & Standards

Cryptsoft

P:Â +61 7 3103 0321, US:Â +1 (650) 918 4307

tony.cox@cryptsoft.com