Subject: PKCS#11 URI syntax registration

Some of you on this list might be aware that Oracle and some other consumers/providers of the PKCS#11 API have been working on registering a URI syntax for referencing PKCS#11 entities.

Since URI registration is normally handled by IETF this was done via that standards body, this was also started while the PKCS#11 working group in its old form was basically defunct. Now that we have an active PKCS#11 community at OASIS I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of this work.

The latest draft can be found here:

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-pechanec-pkcs11uri-09.txt

It has had review via the IETF process and is believed to be basically complete and in the last stage before registration.

We already use this URI syntax in various parts of Oracle Solaris and it is known to be used in a few other PKCS#11 implementations as well.

--
Darren J Moffat