Subject: Re: [pkcs11] PKCS#11 URI syntax registration

On 03/25/13 16:35, Lockhart, Robert wrote:
Classification: Thales e-Security INTERNAL

It might be a good thing to revisit this in conjunction with OASIS KMIP for creating a common set of identifiers for tokens, objects, libraries, keys and other items.  This may save some time and effort although we may want to open the URI up to more than just PKCS11 identifiers in order to support KMIP objects as well not defined or mappable into the current flavor.

I would like to discuss it on the next PKCS11 if possible.

A URI syntax for KMIP seems like a good idea but I think they should be separate from the pkcs11 uri - particularly since the pkcs11 one is already in use in multiple systems.

--
Darren J Moffat