Subject: NIST Special Publication 800-38F

I took a quick glance and GCM and CCM are in fact only mentioned in the Appendix B as other authenticating modes of operation.  The major difference being that GCM & CCM perform authentication on the encrypted value not the clear text value.

http://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/SpecialPublications/NIST.SP.800-38F.pdf

This will teach me to re-read the documents before bringing them up.

Bob L.