Subject: Re: [pkcs11] Optional Parameters?

On 4/11/2013 11:40 AM, Burns, Robert wrote:

“Objects are always “well-formed” in Cryptoki—that is, an object always contains all

required attributes, and the attributes are always consistent with one another from the

time the object is created. This contrasts with some object-based paradigms where an

object has no attributes other than perhaps a class when it is created, and is uninitialized

for some time. In Cryptoki, objects are always initialized.”

Answering this one first as it goes back to the others.

I had missed this/forgotten this when I was talking about Optional.  Part of the problem is that a whole lot of implementers have missed this as well, and there are a number of implementations that don't implement all necessary attributes.

On the other hand this does say "required attributes" and I'm not sure that we need to require it.

For consistency, let's say that it is a required attribute for 2.40 for public and private keys, and that it takes the empty array as its default value.  I'll update the text appropriately.

Mike