Subject: RE: [pkcs11] CKA_PUBLIC_KEY_INFO

Apologies on the late reply -- I think that's true, but my comment was addressed towards the language which would allow the user specifying the public key info to a C_CreateObject() (e.g. don't have to supply the standard public key attributes) and the text which talked about how to handle the cases where the information contained in the public key info blob didn't agree with the object (I think it was on a private key?) -- sorry, I don't have the doc in front of me.

As I read your text below, it would seem you believe that the cases where DER decoding would be required to be few-and-far between.  That may indeed be true, but implementers have to consider all cases if they are going to support something.

Not dead-set against it, but just wondering if there might be an easier way.

Bob