Subject: RE: [pkcs11] Document production

Hi Mike

I just moved the docs over to the OASIS template.  As part of this, I've tried to standardize the formatting.  I'm not familiar enough with DocBook to offer comment on using it, but if it's going to require redoing everything, I'd rather not do that right at this moment.

Thanks

--Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Michael StJohns
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:15 PM
To: pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [pkcs11] Document production

Hi -

I've been looking at the current document and how its put together. I'm beginning to think that Microsoft Word may not be the best basis for such a document.  Among other things, getting the fonts, indents, formatting etc is painful, especially for the addition of new sections.

I mention this because I started to try and build a template for "mechanisms" and found that the Word "styles" for the current document are clumsy and somewhat arbitrary and seem to lack some consistency.

I'm wondering if perhaps it would make sense to move the source document to something like Docbook and create templates for the various types of elements we have inside PKCS11.  That could make submission of new items a bit more stand alone.

Mike