Subject: RE: [pkcs11] Updated CKA_PUBLIC_KEY_INFO

Mike,

Ok, it seems like we're going in circles here -- let me try a different tack....let me ask a question in order to hear what you're saying in a different context.  Perhaps then I will understand where you're coming from.

Let's assume that we are in agreement over requiring the CKA_PUBLIC_EXPONENT attribute on all RSA Private objects in 2.40.  I then believe that all P11 private objects have sufficient attributes to derive the public key from the object, (which you indicated in your email as well).

Then my question to you is, do you still *need* the SPKI attribute on all Public, Private, and Certificate objects?  If so, why?

Thanks,

Bob