Subject: Groups - pkcs11-kdf-ecdh.docx uploaded

Submitter's message
This document was triggered due to the proposal by Doran for an EC/AES based key wrapping mechanism. That proposal depends on the structure and approach defined for CKM_ECDH1_DERIVE et al, but that mechanism should probably be deprecated for a number of reasons including the fix we applied to it for 2.30 was probably a bad approach to fixing the underspecification.

Also, we're starting to get a lot of KDF approaches - this is an attempt to at least get those down to family definitions rather than family and underlying PRF combinations each as individual mechanisms
-- Michael StJohns
Document Name: pkcs11-kdf-ecdh.docx

Description
Deprecates CKM_ECDH1_DERIVE and CKM_ECDH1_COFACTOR_DERIVE due to
under/mis-specification. Adds multi-key versions of ECDH as well as
replacement for deprecated mechanisms. Adds a more generic KDF structure
both for use with the new ECDH mechanisms and as general KDFs.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Michael StJohns
Group: OASIS PKCS 11 TC