Subject: CKM_SEAL_KEY used with CKA_COPYABLE =false and/or CKA_EXTRACTABLE = false

How does CKM_SEAL_KEY interact with CKA_COPYABLE. It seems like
CKM_SEAL_KEY can be used to get around CKA_COPYABLE.

It may be that C_UnwrapKey + CKM_SEAL_KEY refuse unwrap a sealed key
when that key already exists on the token. In any case, it be defined in
the proposal after discussion.

Secondly, there is no clear guidance on what kind of CKO_SECRET_KEY can
be used with CKM_SEAL_KEY. Since CKM_SEAL_KEY can operate on keys with
CKA_EXTRACTABLE = CK_FALSE, unless the sealing key meets at least all of
the following, CKM_SEAL_KEY can be used to circumvent token security:

 * CKA_NEVER_EXTRACTABLE
 * CKA_LOCAL
 * A strong key (ie: not DES)

I believe this latter point was brought up in our discussion on the
phone last week.

Have you come up with a solution for this?

Cheers,

Stef