Subject: Groups - pkcs11-kdf-ecdh.docx uploaded

Submitter's message
This document was triggered by my discussions with Doron about doubling up on public and secret key wrapping mechanisms. When looking at ECDH plus AES (basically ECIES for key wrapping), I noticed some issues with the current mechanism specifications. This generalizes both the KDF model used with ECDH (so the kdfs can be used both as standalone mechanisms and with ECDH) and adds mechanisms to represent the various NIST SP800-56A multi-keypair mechanisms.

This is probably a 2.4 document as it fixes the fix we put in at 2.30 for the ECDH mechanisms (e.g. clarifying the specification of the format of the "public key" from the other side).

-- Michael StJohns
Document Name: pkcs11-kdf-ecdh.docx

Description
This describes a re-working of the current ECDH mechanism to clean up
references, allow for the NIST variants, and to fix the KDF model used with
ECDH. It deprecates CKM_ECDH1_DERIVE and CKM_ECHD1_COFACTOR_DERIVE.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Michael StJohns
Group: OASIS PKCS 11 TC