Subject: RE: [pkcs11] Proposal: CKM_ECDSA_FIPS_186_4

Oscar,

Similar to my last comment, we should definitely update the documents to account for 186-4.  Although, in this recommendation it would appear that this mechanism merely adds the restriction of which curves are supported.  Is this best handled this way, or would a "profile" for FIPS 186 be more appropriate?  Seems like in this case it would be better to leave the restrictions with each curve and put them in a profile rather than creating a new mechanism.

Thoughts?

Bob